Status
Not open for further replies.

garycocs

Hi Lads,

Only if ye have time could ye give me an understand of what's required for an affiliate program, the ins and outs, etc, basically I'm wondering what I need, what's so good about it and how much work is involved.
Again only if you have time.

Nice one
Gary

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It's really up to you.

It can be as simple as setting up a few banners from the advertiser or as complex as building an entire system that hooks into their api ...

garycocs

So affiliate covers all bases, from advertising another persons site to basically hosting all their info.

I'm just thinking with one of my sites, irishvids.com I could set up a site selling Irish Videos from amazon or something? Obviously just testing it out.

Was also wondering what all those posts about trade doubler were on here too :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Most of the banner ads on here are from various affiliate networks...

If you want to add Amazon quickly have a look at their Astore thing - it's not as powerful as some of the more advanced options, but it's a good way to get started

garycocs

Thanks Michele,

I'll look into the a-store so. My understanding so is that even google adsense is a form of affiliate network??

If there are so many affiliate networks then why is there so many people still using adsense??

//Gary

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Michele,

I'll look into the a-store so. My understanding so is that even google adsense is a form of affiliate network??

If there are so many affiliate networks then why is there so many people still using adsense??

//Gary
Adsense is easy to implement, so it's got a low barrier to entry
In my own experience the affiiate networks can pay a lot more, but you need to work harder

garycocs

Cool, that's good to know, I might look into an affiliate so for my corkbroadband and galwaybroadband sites

Doing a bit more research into this, hmmm, there's a fair few different ones.

With irishvids.com I suppose I would set up an a-store or associate-o-matic, for the broadband ones it would be a CPA affiliate (is it affiliate program or network???)

Hmmmm so many to choose from!!!!!! Any recommendations starting off?? (Obviously the ones that will make me millions in about a week would be preferable!)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Just sign up for all of them and experiment (links at the bottom of the page - please use :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.