Setting up a Facebook page

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywozhere

If I set up a Facebook page for a business (actually a charity in this case) is it possible to remove myself as an admin at a later stage - passing on all admin functions to a new admin? Or am I stuck as the primary admin for eternity?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I *think* you can remove yourself .. I've never actually had to do that, so I'm not 100% sure!

bober

I did it for a group before - made the group then passed the admin rights onto someone else. I'm sure you could pass the rights onto another member..

If you wanna be double safe check FB's Help section OR THESE guys are great, i use them all the time > thefacebookforum.net (defo get the answer there).

mailmrluke

Yes you can do that. Go into edit page and manage admins. You can add and remove admins from here, but you will need at least 1 admin at any point.

Andrus

it was possible a while ago, but did not FB change it just recently because there were too many cases where the original admin/owner was removed by someone who was for example hired to maintain it.

mailmrluke

I think its still possible, made even easier since the new layout for admins.

@Bober - I posted a query to the facebookforum and, my God, their Global Moderator 'Ruby' certainly lacks any kind of people skills whatsoever. He/she couldn't answer my query, which is fine because I've been looking for weeks for a solution so didn't expect one. But he/she instead managed to be a complete p***k in their replies without ever addressing the question. Doubt I'll be going back their again.

limericklad

The simple solution is to just give the new admin, the admin settings "sign in and password" and away they go that way you can have more than one admin person

Andrus

The simple solution is to just give the new admin, the admin settings "sign in and password" and away they go that way you can have more than one admin person

you can only add a new admin if he/she has a FB profile. Go to the pages you manage - there you can add and delete admins.

brabazon

I have never done it, but i think you can remove it, if having a facebook profile.
By editing in your profile settings you can remove it.

bober

@Bober - I posted a query to the facebookforum and, my God, their Global Moderator 'Ruby' certainly lacks any kind of people skills whatsoever. He/she couldn't answer my query, which is fine because I've been looking for weeks for a solution so didn't expect one. But he/she instead managed to be a complete p***k in their replies without ever addressing the question. Doubt I'll be going back their again.[/QUOTE]

@Mailmrluke Funny you say this, I've always seen them to be really good in terms of answers & quickness in replying BUT just the other the day they gave me 'false' info - well not false, kinda twisted info. basically go ahead and break the rules you'll be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.