Status
Not open for further replies.

gav240z

Hi everyone,
I'd like to gauge some interest as to a possible meeting in the city for a few drinks and to get to know everyone on the forum a bit better.

Since I've only arrived from Australia recently I'd like to get to know more of you in the community and make some new friends :). I think it would be a great networking opportunity for everyone involved.

I'm not sure if you guys have already had such an event or have a regularly schedule for this kind of thing, but back in Melbourne, Australia I met with a few SEO's here and there on a fairly regular basis.

I live close to Dublin city so a quiet bar where we could all get together have a few beers and discuss various opportunities and ideas would be fantastic.

Please let me know if you are interested and we can perhaps plan something.

Cheers
Gavin.

TheMenace

That's a good idea. I don't think there's been an IWF meet-up yet. The Irish Web and blogging community on Twitter meet up quite frequently though. I was at the last one which was good fun and some cool peeps there. :cool:

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Damn you new years resolution of being off the beer :D

Being down in galway is the other problem but it does sound like a good idea

louie

We did try last year but as Dave said, it never happened.

I do think is a good idea but lets see what comes out of this one.

RedCardinal

If I'm in the country I'll most certainly come along also.

One other idea - let's promote it a little even outside IWF. If we decide a date and venue I'll certainly put up a blog post about it.

About time we had a Dublin SEO/webmaster meet up :)

Redfly

If I'm in the country I'll most certainly come along also.

One other idea - let's promote it a little even outside IWF. If we decide a date and venue I'll certainly put up a blog post about it.

About time we had a Dublin SEO/webmaster meet up :)

I'd certainly be up for it. Anyone want to take charge?

MickyWall

Sounds like a good excuse to pop down to Dublin for the night and enjoy a few pints. Any chance it can be on a Saturday rather than a Friday.

gav240z

Not a problem for me.

Sounds like a good excuse to pop down to Dublin for the night and enjoy a few pints. Any chance it can be on a Saturday rather than a Friday.

I don't mind what day it is to be honest, perhaps some people could suggest dates that suit them. I myself don't have any immediate plans in future.

gav240z

I'd certainly be up for it. Anyone want to take charge?

I guess I was more or less looking to gauge some interest in the event, if however everyone is comfortable with it being open to anyone in Ireland in the industry as opposed to just this forum I could really use some help in terms of letting all the relevant people know.

Richard's idea regarding his website / blog is great since I believe he has an active audience.

If others can help promote the event and let the relevant people know, I'd be happy to research an appropriate venue and time and possibly book a venue if need be.

Also how formal do we want this to be? I was thinking of a relatively casual event, but if others want some structure to the event be sure to let us know.

Cheers
Gavin.

Forbairt

pool table necessary ... :D ... advance warning needed for out of towners :) ... good guinness a requirement (alternative someplace selling staropramen)

clothing necesessary its snowing for the love of god :D or at least a nice onsey :D

gav240z

An idea for numbers?

Well I think the best thing to do from here is to get an idea of numbers attending.

If you are planning on attending (dates not set yet), or at least have a strong interest in attending, could I ask that you PM me? That way I can get an idea of numbers wanting to attend.

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
Maybe best if people just say here so everyone has an idea of numbers. I definitely be up for going if I get a nice bit of notice (have to come from London but I could plan other things round it)

I remember meeting allot of people here at openbeers last year Naive by Design | Announcing The First OpenBeer Club: Dublin, 28 April 2007

Something similar to that would be great as that really good. I'm sure most people would blog about it to get word out.

I know (TechLudd rebranded as) SalonTechnica.com and Web 2.0 Ireland (together now? anyone know?) are planing something around the end of Jan. Maybe try to coincide?

Forbairt

I wouldn't mind attending either so I can annoy people in real life as well as online :D

But I would require some notice ... have to get to dublin .. arrange accommodation and so on

Gavin

I would also be interested.

The openbeer last year was excellent but I think this time round I'll lay off the beer, I cant remember leaving the last one. :rolleyes:

gav240z

Numbers so far...

Well I haven't set a date yet because I wanted to get an idea of numbers first and see what the general interest is. I'd say it would be a good idea to give at least 3 - 4 weeks notice so that everyone has time to prepare and make arrangements.

So far I have had two send me a PM and the rest reply to the thread.

RedFly (Dave)
The Menace
Figment
Forbairt
Frodo
RedCardinal
DavidBehan
Louie
EdenWeb
Fintan
Cormac
The Walsho

Trojan
Surely there are some others interested? Please let me know and I'll add you to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.