Phone upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdenWeb

I'm doing a bit of research for a blog post and wanted to confirm something.

Have you upgraded your phone recently? What did you upgrade to and was the upgraded phone a reduced price for signing a new contract?

Have you ever in the past recieved a free upgrade?
Thanks all

louie

I did upgrade my last phone (6***) to the new N95 model.

The price was right as I was entitled to Gold upgrade package otherwise I would have done with the old one as I am not a big fun of new phone (except iPhone - my partner has one and is just the dog's cake).

As for Free upgrades, you only get something like that if the new phone itself is way outdated but still prices could start from 19.00 to few hundred and it is a good saving based on how much you spend / month.

I am with O2 for 11 years.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I upgraded to the n95 a few months ago... As we have a business contract for multiple headsets there's always some form of upgrade discount available, though it wasn't exactly generous :)

googlebomber76

Have you ever in the past recieved a free upgrade?
Thanks all

Yes, I get a free upgrade from 3 every 10mts (it's there policy), If you want something like the N95 you would have to pay a bit extra......

No need for Insurance either, it's €50 to replace you phone if it's lost or a write off....regardless of what phone it is.....you only pay when it happens not for something that might never happen...

02 & Voda have to be the worst for upgrades, I recently had a woman on 02 bill pay, she has had the same phone for 5 years and was still not eligable for an upgrade......she's no longer with 02 :D

Sorry i'm a bit late with this post....could have gave you a bit more help with your blog post..

Status
Not open for further replies.