Oscommerce Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmryan

just wondering, if anyone here is using OS Commerce shop for their online store - just interested in checking them out, as I was considering the software myself?

Anyone willing to show off their site on here?

Thx

John

EdenWeb

Nice implementation there. Is OS commerce easy enough to tweak.
Don't see any SE friendly urls there but I'm sure there's a mod?

johnmryan

Someone wrote a module which makes it easy to edit the templates - which is cool, there also seems to SE addons as far as i know

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It's been around for a long time and has a very active community, so I'd imagine there are extensions / hacks / modules for most things at this stage

ph3n0m

The only thing people bitch about is that the outputted html is not up to scratch - still uses a lot of tables, etc

Plus it can be a serious bitch to do custom mods to it - but in the end if you know php and you know what you are doing, anything is possible :)

and yeah there is a mod for more se friendly links

johnmryan

Yup it seems cool, and it is free so we cant complain LOL - i noticed there is no login for admins though (strange?), but i suppose the .htaccess password thing will do the trick....

dereko

Has anyone tried JShop? We've used it on a good few different sites and find it to be the best software out there. It costs unlike oscommerce but i think its well worth it.

JShop Server :: Home :: Welcome

few sites we have done

Ipod Accessories, iTrips, Cases, Skins, etc. - Easyishop.co.uk
Laptop Accessories, Cases, etc. -Easylaptopshop.co.uk
Picture Perfect Gallery
http://www.buytech.tv
PulseTechnology.co.uk

If anyone needs any information let me know or check out our site at
E-commerce Solutions by JShopDesigns

In particular the new version outputs tableless validated html which is great for changing to your own needs. There is a good community as well on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.