New website launched, need feedback www.avalon.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kierand

[FONT=&quot]Hi Lads

We just put up a new site [/FONT], visist my homepage to see the link to Avalon or just google it.[FONT=&quot]

Any comments welcome.

Regards
Kieran
[/FONT]

babyboy808

[FONT=&quot]Hi Lads

We just put up a new site [/FONT], visist my homepage to see the link to Avalon or just google it.[FONT=&quot]

Any comments welcome.

Regards
Kieran
[/FONT]

You could do something like this: www DOT SITENAME DOT Com if you can't post links yet

peterarmstrong

Looks like a straight-forward site.

The only thing I'd really point out is on the web development page . I think the preview of the Club package is a bit of a let down because the Bronze + Silver packages look better.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Thoughts on Avalon Computing Limited - Welcome.

Buttons look very 90's ish ...

You're telling people that these customers only forked out on the Bronze / Silver or Gold sites and didn't opt for the Platinum site ...

The profile pictures on the about us page need some work ... please remove the shadows from behind they as its really making the pictures weird
(Personally I prefer black and white profile pictures) they look a bit classier especially if you've not got high quality photos to work with (proper lighting and so on)

Your Avalon logo doesn't click you back to home

Not too keen on the Gradient masks to white on the banners

You're a .ie and a company? I'm not seeing any of the legal requirements on there

The images used throughout the site don't seem to gel to me they just seem to have been picked at random

Apart from that its fine

Please note these are just my thoughts and not the views thoughts or opinions of my employer (me) who may be in a better mood when he gets some coffee in him and warms up

MOH

Maybe it's just that I'm tired, but the font in the menu items hurts my eyes a bit, look a bit jagged.

Also, it struck me as a bit odd that you do website development but your own website was done by someone else?

Sinead Hanley

The link to your platinum site is broken. Also, I think you would need to spell out the differences in the sites for the normal Joe Bloggs

tricky_d

Wouldn't be keen on splitting the navigation into 2 sides on the homepage. They're better grouped together like on the other pages.

In the About Us photos, everybody's ears look freakish as there's a shadow from being too close to the background. Could retake the photos or photoshop the ears.

Some of the page widths are inconsistent.

The typography is very basic.

The middle is of the homepage is you talking about you. This is prime real estate which is better used to sell solutions and address the concerns of potential customers.

Website packages have no info on what you get at each tier.

+1 on the website being done by 3rd party.

sparky

The navigation should be consistent from the home page to the other pages. Personally I think the left menu on the other pages is much better than the large buttons on the home page, and I would advise using the left menu on the home page too.

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.