Irish Internet Association Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidbehan

Was a good event last year so I'll probably head again.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Cool :)

We can get you a 10% discount as far as I know.. Must check with the IIA on details

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
Went last year and got your discount too. Will see if I can convince work-work to pay for me to go again.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Went last year and got your discount too. Will see if I can convince work-work to pay for me to go again.

Ah! At least someone used it!

Why didn't you come over and introduce yourself? Or did you speak to the guys on the stand?

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
I spoke to some of the guys on the stand, I was on the phone a lot that day (typical) must have missed you, although I may not have know you too see then, can't remember. Will defiantly say 'How do' if I'm there this year.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I don't spend too much time near stands :)

I was chairing a session last year as well...

Baz

I suppose a tiny bit off topic. But would it be worth while joining the IIA (realistically), it's not that I can't spare E220 but... ?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose a tiny bit off topic. But would it be worth while joining the IIA (realistically), it's not that I can't spare E220 but... ?

That depends.

If you can attend a couple of events and get business and useful contacts from it - then yes - otherwise ....

Baz

Thanks Blacknight,
I'll add it to my list, as long as everyone plays nice there :) Seriously I'm involved in another industry on a voluntary level, and the amount of crap I get from people who know more than me, but don't turn around and talk about them :rolleyes:

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of the people that attend IIA "gigs" are from businesses looking to learn more about the internet and all the "weird" stuff we all do daily :)

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Majority of the events seem to be in dublin ?

Being down in Galway there doesn't seem to be much point me joining at the moment. I'd have to go to 4 events to make it worth while joining. Getting to dublin = a lot of travelling (though I've done Galway -> Dublin via plane once .. and thats quite handy and would potentially mean I don't end up losing that much time)

I guess it comes down to how much I could market myself at one of these events and unfortunately at the moment I'd say not a lot. Potentially something I'll have to work on a good bit over the next while.

To those that did attend .. did it lead on to any work leads ? ..or just more contacts?

ButtermilkJack

A lot of the people that attend IIA "gigs" are from businesses looking to learn more about the internet and all the "weird" stuff we all do daily :)
That's interesting to know. I had this view, misconception I suppose, that the type of people who would attend these events were fellow web designers/developers and so getting work would be very hard to do.

I must start looking at these events differently from now.

PS. I saw on your blog you got fixed up with an iMac. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.