Status
Not open for further replies.

adbuster

Hi folks. I enjoy building sites in my spare time and actually have a couple that I feel are real gems. I had a thought though... maybe it would be better for me to build the site, put it up for sale, and move onto the next idea. The sad fact is, of 100 sites built, perhaps 1 will be really successful no matter how good the idea is... I'm thinking that maybe someone else with better promotion skills would be interested in buying a well implemented idea...

Anyway, would you folks know of any reputable 'market places' or are there such things? Is this a dumb idea? Thoughts welcome!!

Thanks!!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on how good / complete the sites are.

There are a number of online marketplaces for websites (I've even been known to buy the odd one!) but it would depend on the market niche that you are targetting

Redfly

In the past year, I think I have purchased 14 sites. All of those were from digitalpoint.com marketplace and the sitepoint.com marketplace.

Also, www.bizmp.com parses sales listings from numerous places including what I mentioned.

jennyrusks

Sites for Sale forum on Sitepoint

Hi there, the Sitepoint forum has Turnkey sites and Established sites for sale. The link below should take you to the turnkey site forum.

Turnkey Sites For Sale

All the best,
Jennifer

Redfly

Care to share if it's not top secret. I'd love to see what folks are doing with turnkey sites they buy.

Not really. Sorry.

I like to purchase established niche sites. Find an affiliate program that suits and PPC market it. Use the established-ness of the site to increase quality score and after a while optimise for the long tail.

It's amazing that everyone is not already doing this.

My biggest ever regret though was selling http://www.clown-forum.com/
If I had have known then what I know now. :) And that community was AMAZING.

EdenWeb

Very interesting. Smart work. I am going to buy a few sites over the coming year and start 'playing' with some marketing techniques too. Not like we all have enough to do anyway!!

Redfly

Not like we all have enough to do anyway!!

I hear ya!

You can pick up some little gems over on the DP forums. People selling their sites based on adsense earnings alone. People making maybe $20 a month on adsense on a site about say ... tea, you could pick it up for about $200. You could make that back in a week with a nice affiliate program.

Status
Not open for further replies.