Status
Not open for further replies.

bober

Hi,

I'm have/creating a Social Media business that involves my website, facebook page, twitter & youtube. I need all these elements to make my idea work. Here's the problem > The youtube name is the only one out the rest that is not the exact same.

for example:
website = example.ie
twitter = example tweets
facebook = facebook.com/example
Youtube = (example not available) I have a similar name like exampleonyoutube

Should I reconsider the name & have everything the exact same? Or will it not matter as I'm gonna have everything linked anyway?

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't worry about it

MOH

On a related note, I've got a business domain mybusiness.ie and looking at setting up twitter, facebook, etc accounts, and mybusiness is gone.
I'll be trying to put the .ie in people's minds too, since the .com is unavailable.
So for the social media branding I'm looking at either mybusinessireland, my mybusinessie or maybe even mybusinessdotie - any thoughts?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Keep it as short and as memorable as you can ..

If you're going to be integrating it into your online profile then I assume you'd be linking to it, in which case the URL isn't *as* important ..

MOH

True. I was thinking of the 'dotie' option to try and reinforce it in people's minds, but tbh I don't know how much people actually verbalise these things, assuming they even read it properly. mybusinessie it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.