CMS Made Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

neweb

I am working on a large project that will be built using a CMS back end.

Because of the add-on's and requirements of the site I am looking at 2 packages.
Joomla 1.5 and CMS Made Simple

I haven't used CMS Made Simple before so don't know two much about it.
I had a quick look over it on the demo site and it looks pretty good.

Joomla has all the add-on's I require and I have customised it on a number of occasions so I am very familiar with it.

I don't have a lot of time to learn CMS Made Simple so my question is to anyone that has used it.

How easy is it to learn and what do you think of it overall????

babyboy808

Hi Alan,

I would recommend Wordpress. If you need any help, give us a shout.

neweb

I really like the look of what it can do http://www.opensourcecms.com/cms/cmsmadesimple/

hmmm

What sort of site is it really. Joomla is great, but once it is updated reg. It can fail if left to its own devices!

Agreed,
I always inform the client that it will need to be kept up to date or they could be prone to attack.

In saying that, all software is prone to attack if not updated.

The site will be quite large with over 300 pages divided into 12 catagories. It will also have a listings section with over 4000 records.

I have found that there are lots of Joomla Plugin's to give me the tools I need for the site (some paid some not)

The back end of Joomla is very easy for clients to use when just adding pages and the like.

Byron

Editing through the front end is a sinch too. I would say stick with what you know as long as it works better than the rest and is secure enough. Bill every few months for upgrades, like say 2 hours work and in general build on experience and knowledge of the system.

Winging it for a client that size will end up turning nasty... like flies on a windscreen

Either way, good luck with the project and let me know if you need an outside contractor ;)

neweb

Either way, good luck with the project and let me know if you need an outside contractor ;)

Byron, I am the outside contractor :D

As for the site, Joomla it is.
No point messing about with new software at this stage.

F

fantastvik

Why dont you try zimplit ,it is easiest to learn.requires no database and best thing is that you need not write even a single line of code for doing any thing.since it was designed keeping in mind non programmers.So do explore it once ,i am sure you will find it useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.