Browser Redirect Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

samflash

Alright folks,

Some help please. Created a HTML/CSS redesign of a flash site (shaneblack.ie) and I want to enable a script that when either the Flash/HTML site is loaded that a script will identify the browser type/search engine and send to the correct version.

Currently the pages on the website are not ranked due to it being designed in Flash (not my design or php. I know now there is prob a way of doing this). I am not in control of the Flash site. Is there a script which I can easily insert that will then automatically redirect the user to either version of the site. Example, iPhone users and the Google Search engine.

I hope this is clear - the HTML site can be seen at .: Homepage - Shane Black - Psychological Magician - weddings, corporate events and private parties, entertainment like no other :. and the Flash site at Shane Black

link8r

There is a way to redirect based on the browser detect - this will tell you if it's a mobile phone user or Google-bot. I don't have a script but I hope someone else does (but I did find a few in Google: redirect script user based on mobile - Google Search)

You can get the flash cracked easily enough and then its straightforward to edit it, we have to do it quite often!

samflash

Cheers Link8r - I have tried numerous scripts and not having much luck to be honest. I was wondering does anyone know one that they have used successfully. All help appreciated. Thanks

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
You would need to put in the useragent detection on the index page ie. the first page of the site that a user or search engine is going to land on

Status
Not open for further replies.