Trade Doubler questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magenta

Hi

I have been accpeted for a number of affiliates on Trade Doubler, when you click into the affliate and select "LINKS" there is a tab "CREATE TEXT LINK" when this is selected you have 2 options:

Full Anchor Tag and Plain URL

I'm looking for the very basic affliate link with no graphics, logo or widgets. So I am assuming that I will be selecting the Plain URL option?
What is the Full Anchor Tag and the benefits of using this?

Secondly when you are accepted you receive an email from the affliate, in the email they mention that they include a basic tracking link, at the end of this link is ENTERGCODE. What does ENTERGCODE mean and why is this link not the same as the plain URL link on the website?

We have also included a basic tracking link for your convenience. The following code will send your users directly to website

************************************************************ENTERGCODE

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Plain URL is the simplest linking method.
A lot of their other methods use Javascript and some of them include images for extra tracking.

I'm not sure about the other things - I generally just use the TradeDoubler site to generate the links

darrylb

Hopefully this will clarify the ENTERGCODE query:

The email which is sent, has a basic link which can be added to your website. There is coding behind this link which will direct traffic to the main website and not to any special offers, so there is no need to enter any further coding.

In order to add specific offers and banners, it is best to get these directly from the Tradedoubler site.

Status
Not open for further replies.