Online payment option for invoices

Status
Not open for further replies.

byronyasgur

i'd like to offer customers an online payment system for invoices as opposed to the usual cheque in the post. I have used paypal for this before but there's a few things i dont like; expecially the no lazer option and the high commission rate. All the same i wouldnt be accepting a large amount of money this way so i dont realy think this would be worth a montly bill like for realex. Does anyone have any other suggestions.
I have on occasion also accepted payments directly into my bank account transfered from customer account - what i'd ideally like :) is a web based version of this but i presume ther'd be security issues with this or am i wrong ?
If i was to go with realex then can anyone recommend a no frills invoicing / billing system that would work with realex. Online Billing Software & Invoicing System | CurdBee looks nice - would it work and has anyone used it ?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a bit confused ..

Which payment methods do you want to accept?

(the software / service is kind of irrelevant without knowing the payment methods)

byronyasgur

sorry i thought that was implied in the question - lazer ( or direct transfer which is presume is unsecure as i mentioned) ... but i wasnt planning on excluding people paying with credit cards either

ps i thought it was the payment processor ie realex/ paypal etc was the critical factor not the payment method

Tom

I'd say stick with Payal for your online payment option by what you are saying. I tried curdbee out briefly last year, it was pretty good then but the free version I tried lacked some stuff that they were to add in the pro version. I think you can still try a free version and go pro if you want to which is pretty cheap anyway. It's certainly worth checking out.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
sorry i thought that was implied in the question - lazer ( or direct transfer which is presume is unsecure as i mentioned) ... but i wasnt planning on excluding people paying with credit cards either

ps i thought it was the payment processor ie realex/ paypal etc was the critical factor not the payment method
chicken and egg really :)
If you want to accept Laser your options are limited
If you want to accept EFT, cheque etc., you can use pretty much anything

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
excuse my ignorance but could you explain how this works - is there a payment processor involved - would the customer have to put in their bank account number

No. You give them your bank details and they lodge / transfer the money to your account. The only issue is making sure that they use the invoice number or similar as a reference - apart from that it's dead easy. (And costs almost nothing)

Status
Not open for further replies.