Incorporating an Internet company in Eire ... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbee

I'm abroad at the moment and I'm looking to incorporating a company over here (Korea). Seems to me though, that it might be easier to just go down the path of incorporating the company in Ireland and then getting it registered and recognized over here in Asia.

Has anyone incorporated an Internet business in Ireland ?
I guess it's probably not any different to incorporating a brick and mortar one ?

I'm specifically interested in things like tax obligations, whether or not I'd need staff and offices etc ...

The company would basically be an online app that would be an interface for home workers. Ideally speaking, they'd be working on commission/profit-share and wouldn't be registered workers (and no, it's not a get-rich-quick scheme either. Working on commission only is de-rigeur in the recruitment business).

I really don't need offices or anything of that type, cause I'll be using a VOIP internet interface for the app. (<a href='sip ... ) or something similar and like I said, a common db interface.

I'd be happy as larry, to incorporate this thing in the cayman islands if I thought that'd work. The business doesn't really touch the Emerald Isle, and I'm very wary of the Irish tax system ... Although the only credit card I have at this stage is an Irish one and probably subject to taxes in it's own right. (Problem Number2)

What are the issues with setting up a merchant account with an Irish credit card ?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated ?

Cheers ...

Status
Not open for further replies.