FCKEditor Browser problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandad

Gentlemen,
You saved me a lot of grief with my question below. Maybe now you can save me from going totally out of my mind???

My FCKEditor is running perfectly [on PHP]. Every aspect of it is fine. I can upload files and they all plonk into their respective directories and I can insert them in pages.

BUT

If I click on the Browse Server button in Image Properties, I get a blank browser page. It should be showing me the contents of '/userfiles/Image/' [which contains files].

The three relevant lines from the browser.... config.php file are as follows -
$Config['UseFileType'] = true ;
$Config['UserFilesPath'] = '/userfiles/' ;
$Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = 'http://www.domain.com/userfiles/';

If I try to create a directory, I get an XML error that ends in CurrentFolder=%2F

I have tried just about everything.

Incidentally, both the browser and upload config files have the same values. Upload, as I say works perfectly, but the browser doesn't.

??

louie

set the folder permission to 777 and make sure it exists first

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
$Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = 'http://www.domain.com/userfiles/';

Should this line not be something like

$Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = '/home/wwwroot/somesite/htdocs/userfiles/';

grandad

The folder exists, and the subfolder 'Images'. Both have permissions of 777. 'Images' also contains files which aren't showing in the browser.

For $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'], I have tried various combinations like 'userfiles', 'public_html/userfiles/', '/domains/domain.com/public_html/userfiles/' etc. None of them seem to work.

I end up with a blank browser each time. In some cases, I have tried [apparently] successfully to create a folder, but I either get a 'permissions denied' message or the folder doesn't appear anywhere on the server. Weird.

squibs

I've had similar problems with the latest FCKeditor and ended up moving back to an older version.

My issue was complicated as they changed the name of the install directory and the userfiles and images directories a while back. I decided to change these back in the config and connector files as I have 25 sites with those locations hardcoded. I just couldn't get it to work. A developer on the support forum had a look at the config files and couldn't figure it out.

I also found that it chokes on pasted HTML and cleaned up Word code a lot of the time, making formatting a pain.

I'm looking for an alternative that supports image upload for future projects, if anybody can recommend one?

Status
Not open for further replies.