Easy to update website for charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennyr

Hi

I would like to set up a website for an Irish charity. The guy who runs the charity has very little experince using PCs. So the main criteria is that once it is up and running that it is VERY easy to update with text and photos. We are happy enough to put in the work to get it running, just so long as the user/s can easily add content.

Thanks a lot
Benny

Bennyr

Sorry, did not make very clear what I looking for.

Recommendations of good web administration package to facilitate above request

Cheers

paul

Ninja
Wordpress is easy enough for people to use. You just need to set it up and then show them how to post a new message/page.

louie

Hi

I would like to set up a website for an Irish charity. The guy who runs the charity has very little experince using PCs. So the main criteria is that once it is up and running that it is VERY easy to update with text and photos. We are happy enough to put in the work to get it running, just so long as the user/s can easily add content.

Thanks a lot
Benny
for somebody with litle or no experience with computer, can be a very hard job no matter how easy it is. Best try and teach him the meaning of the keyboard and how to use it, then next step, and so on.

For somebody who doesn't now what CTRL key means, Joomla or Wordpress will be a challenge.

dave

Recommendations of good web administration package to facilitate above request

Joomla! is a good package for this, I have about 100 charities and organisations running their own websites. People up to the age of 82 using Joomla! to manage their own websites most of them would have little or no computer knowledge.

The most important factor in the whole thing is how much they know how to use a computer. If they don't know very much then I usually set up the website and write step by step exactly what they have to do to add content, add an image etc. And then anything more complicated they contact me.

If they have a bit more computer knowledge I let them a little deeper into the system to do whatever they are capable of doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.