Contractor Being A Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron

Fortunately I have some legal eagles helping me on this and I am doing very little writing myself on the issue if you know what I mean!

Has anyone been in the situation of paying someone, who has not delivered what you wanted, refused to answer phonecalls or emails asking whats wrong and when you finally contact them with a formal notice get quick pretentious about things, despite the fact they are promoting half your work, half theirs as portfolio work?

Personally it doesn't bother me, my facts are correct and I have an excellent working relationship with his hosting company, as well, as I said, quite good legal advisers. However I think it's a bit ridiculousness that someone honestly believes this is a way to carry on in the web industry.

Regards
B

link8r

Has anyone been in the situation of paying someone, who has not delivered what you wanted, refused to answer phonecalls or emails asking whats wrong and when you finally contact them with a formal notice get quick pretentious about things, despite the fact they are promoting half your work, half theirs as portfolio work?

Hi Byron - I'm having a slow day - what was the issue you were having - that they're slow to respond or that they're claiming your work as theirs?

Byron

The issues has been sorted now, my legal personal seemed to have worked on it!

No, they basically used a testing site as an example without the clients permission, secondly they didn't reply to emails on the subject for nearly nine months.

Just got the email, it seems like people should check their emails more. I am not interested in naming and shaming or anything, I am just amazed people can disappear in such a manner and come back with such an attitude. Half the reason I was trying to contact him was to pay him more and contract more work!

Status
Not open for further replies.